BSc International Management China - Students on their Year Abroad 19/20 (BSc International Management China 19/20)
Get ahead, get the (digital) edge
Starting a new course at SOAS? Wondering how to navigate the Library and it's myriad of online resources? Feeling a little overwhelmed? Or just can't decode the catalogue?
Victoria Bird, Subject Librarian for DeFims can help!
Book onto one of our small group sessions (limited to 10 people a class) for an hour's induction to the Library, tailored to DeFims students- and more than make this time up when looking for class readings and preparing your assignments. Learn about the mysterious Web of Science, JSTOR, IBSS and even how to make better use of Google.
Can't make any of the sessions? Never fear- there are alternatives...
- Library Tours: running the first two weeks of term, provide
a walk-through of where things are (highly recommended)
- Library Induction Training: more fun than it sounds, this
session provides a general orientation to the Library and its
resources, but without the subject specialism or detail of our
- Roving help: Library staff patrolling the shelves to answer
your questions and help you settle in!
- Skill for Success BLE Course: aims to give you the basics
of searching, finding and evaluating information - Access from:
- Specialist training throughout the year: check out the
Library website for details: https://www.soas.ac.uk/
- Subject Guide: a virtual Vicky,
available 24/7: https://www.soas.ac.uk/
- 1-2-1 training: Contact Vicky for individual help and advice