Improving Student Success and Retention
Date: Wednesday 11th May 2016, 10:00 – 14:30
Location: BGLT, SOAS
Do you make use of innovative approaches to facilitate student success? Have you been experimenting with different approaches to improve student retention? Do you engage with students inside and outside the classroom? If so, then we would like to hear from you!
Learning and Teaching Development at SOAS (formerly in ADD) welcomes proposals for presentations at our learning and teaching conference, Improving Student Success and Retention on 11 May 2016. Abstracts for proposed presentations should be no more than 300 words and should be emailed to email@example.com. Please note that presentations should last for up to 20-25 minutes plus 5 minutes for questions.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Improving student engagement, belonging, retention and success
- Effective and practical interventions and approaches
- Using student feedback to improve the student experience (NSS, SEC, ISB, PTES etc)
- Academic/ peer mentoring and 1-1 support
- Student wellbeing
- Use of technology/ online learning
- Accessibility/inclusive learning
- Outreach and widening participation
- Returning to learning- needs of mature and part-time students
- Undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research students
- Blended learning methods and distance learning
- Building bridges/ creating a culture of success
- Preparing for TEF
Submissions deadline: Wednesday, 6th April, 2016
Successful applicants will be notified by 8th April, 2016 and will be assigned a conference session. If you have any questions about this call for contributions or would like feedback on your draft abstract please contact firstname.lastname@example.org before 4th April 2016.
There is no fee
for attendance at this event.
Click here to view presentation slides, recordings and videos from November's conference on Innovative Approaches to Assessment and Feedback.