Beginner - This practical workshop will
introduce you to the Bloomsbury Learning Environment (BLE),
and is aimed at those with no or little previous
experience. You will learn the basics of adding and editing
content to your courses online, plus some tips and tricks
on ways of getting the most out of this powerful learning
Intermediate - Following on from the beginner workshop you should now be ready to learn more about the many powerful features of Moodle. In this workshop you will learn how to copy content between courses, view what activity has taken place in your course, how to upload media content, create a quiz and a blog within your course.
Advanced - This advanced level BLE workshop is targeted for users who feel confident with Moodle and what to try out some of the advanced features and tools that are available to enhance their courses.
- Set Grouping option to activities, files, links and topics to restrict access so that a particular selection of students can access it
- Add a Scheduler to a course to allow students to book appointments
- Insert RSS Feeds to a course so fresh content is available on a regular basis
- Utilise HTML blocks to make a course stand out, such as embedding a Twitter feed.
Turnitin - the submission and marking tool on the BLE, provides simple submission process that allow you to provide fast and effective feedback to your students online.
Panopto - the university's centrally-supported tool for recording lectures, which is integrated to the BLE. It can record audio, video, your PowerPoint presentations etc
- Marking Online Using Turnitin - Mon 31st Oct 10-12.30pm
- BLE introduction (beginner) - Tue 1st Nov 10-12.30pm
Using Turnitin - Tue 1st Nov
- BLE intermediate training - Thu 3rd Nov 2-4.30pm
Using Turnitin - Mon 7th Nov
- BLE advanced training - Thu 10th Nov 2-4.30pm
started with Panopto
14th Nov 12-1pm
To book for one of the above staff training sessions please complete the simple online booking form. If you experience any problems with the booking process please contact email@example.com.