BLE Beginner - This practical workshop
will introduce you to the Bloomsbury Learning Environment
(BLE), and is aimed at those with no or little previous
experience. You will learn the basics of adding and editing
content to your courses online, plus some tips and tricks
on ways of getting the most out of this powerful learning
- Mon 20th Nov, 10-12.30pm
BLE Intermediate - Following on from the beginner workshop you should now be ready to learn more about the many powerful features of Moodle. In this workshop you will learn how to copy content between courses, view what activity has taken place in your course, how to upload media content, create a quiz and a blog within your course.
- Thu 23rd Nov, 10-12.30pm
BLE Advanced - This advanced level BLE workshop is targeted for users who feel confident with Moodle and what to try out some of the advanced features and tools that are available to enhance their courses.
- Set Grouping option to activities, files, links and topics to restrict access so that a particular selection of students can access it
- Add a Scheduler to a course to allow students to book appointments
- Insert RSS Feeds to a course so fresh content is available on a regular basis
- Utilise HTML blocks to make a course stand out, such as embedding a Twitter feed.
- Mon 27th Nov, 10-12.30pm
Panopto (recording teaching sessions/events) - the university's centrally-supported tool for recording lectures, which is integrated to the BLE. It can record audio, video, your PowerPoint presentations etc
- Tue 14th Nov, 10-11am (quick overview)
- Tue 28th Nov, 1-2pm (quick overview)
- Wed 29th Nov, 10-12pm (full training - record, editing, embedding, live cast)
Marking with Turnitin - In this practical session, we will look at the 'Turnitin' submission and marking tool on the BLE, and the ways you can harness it to simplify the submission process and provide fast and effective feedback to your students online.
- Fri 10th Nov, 10-12pm
- Thu 16th Nov, 11-1pm
To book for one of the above staff training sessions please complete the simple online booking form. If you experience any problems with the booking process please contact email@example.com